What a Destination!
The Shooting Star RV Resort, formerly the Shooting Star Drive-In, is under new ownership and is now open to all RVs and campers in addition to the Airstreams.
Your hosts, Troy and Michelle invite you to vacation like a Hollywood star in one of our eight star-studded Airstreams with décor that will make you feel like you are on the movie set of films like Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Some Like It Hot, Viva Las Vegas, or Breakfast at Tiffany’s.
If you prefer, you can park your own RV in one of the large pull-through sites with full hook-ups or choose from the many secluded sites surrounded by oak and sage brush if you would like more privacy. RV sites can also be used for those that simply want to pitch a tent.
With the Shooting Star RV Resort being right off of the famous Scenic Byway 12, it is your perfect location to stay for your entire vacation. Each day you can visit a variety of fabulous recreational areas such as but not limited to:
- Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument and Petrified Forest State Park
- Calf Creek Falls (16 miles)
- Posey Lake (16 miles)
- Hole-in-the-Rock Road for some awesome hikes such as Peek-a-Boo, Spooky, & Brimstone Gulches (28 miles to the trailhead) and if you go to the end of the road (under 60 miles), you can hike down to Lake Powell
- Kodachrome Basin State Park (43 miles)
- Bryce Canyon National Park (50 miles)
- Capitol Reef (75 miles)
- Zion National Parks (135 miles)
- The world-renowned Slot Canyons in Glen Canyon National Recreation Area (193 miles)
- Even the North side of the Grand Canyon is possible to see on one of your daily trips (204 miles)
Highlights of what you’ll find available include:
- Classic outdoor movie theater featuring 1960s classic cars as seats and open space if you would rather bring your own lawn chair or picnic blanket to watch the movie
- Community fire pits located throughout the property... s’mores anyone?
- 2,400 sq. ft. Pavilion perfect for all kinds of group activities or parties
- 360-degree view of the Grand Staircase, the Escalante Mountains, and Dixie National Forest
- Options to rent an ATV or off-road 4WD vehicle, and guided tours for canyoneering, horseback riding, etc.
- Fun & unique Shooting Star merchandise at the resort store
Without ever leaving the resort you can nap in a hammock and wait for the sun to set. That’s when classic cars come out so you can sit back and enjoy the outdoor movie. Swagger up to the Snack Shack and enjoy some hot buttered popcorn, cold soda pop or your favorite movie treat.
Our mission is to provide our guests with a fun, unique, and comfortable vacation experience in one of the most scenic places in the world. We look forward to seeing you in the heart of Southern Utah’s Red Rock Canyon Country on your next vacation!
Airstreams Fit for a Star
Stay in one of our Hollywood-themed Airstreams and feel like a Star. Each Airstream is decorated to resemble the dressing trailer of a Hollywood Movie Star while they were shooting on location. Imagine staying in Marilyn Monroe's Airstream while she was filming "Some Like It Hot" or John Wayne's Airstream while he was shooting "The Searchers."
The Airstreams are in 2 separate rows and the rows are approximately 100 yards apart. In the far west row, which is near the outdoor movie screen, from south to north you will find Sugar’s Shack, Holly’s Hideaway, & Mrs. Rutledge’s Room. East of that, from south to north you will find Ann’s Cabana, The Kid’s Hideout, Cary’s Cabin, Bogie’s Boathouse, and The Duke.
Check out our incredible Airstreams!
Classic Outdoor Movie Theater
Reserve one of our 1960s classic cars for the most unique movie seat around! Otherwise you can simply bring a lawn chair or blanket to enjoy the movie from. Movies begin at sunset and are shown on Tuesday, Thursday, & Saturday nights only.
Bring the Whole Party Here!
The Shooting Star RV Resort is a great location for family reunions, weddings, motorcycle rallies, car shows, bachelor and bachelorette parties…the list goes on and on! It is a perfect place to howl at the moon, watch shooting stars streak across the open sky, and make some great memories.
In the News
The NBC Today Show pulled into the Shooting Star with Jenna & Barbara Bush driving our very own 1964 Cadillac convertible! Don’t forget to check out our press page to see all the great interviews with the Shooting Star.